Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday 02/27/09 - Short the pops

Still trading on the Sim, and ended up with a +13 point net gain by shorting the pops. I took one long position in the 739 area for a couple of points, but the other 11 points were from taking short positions on the unsustainable up-swings, and covering for quick 2-4 point profits. I left a lot on the table, but given my schedule, the quick hits seemed to be the only way to lock in some gains. Yes, I could have moved my stop to break-even and left to attend a meeting, but given the choppy nature of the market, I probably would have been stopped out for break-even.

The gap went unfilled today, and this was something I was anticipating since we saw same-day gap fills on the last 7 trading days.

Unfilled/Open Gap at 752.00


ES/TICK (3-min)


ES Market Balance (5-min Day Session)


TF Market Balance (5-min Day Session)


TF/TICK (3-min)

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the minimum, please provide your name or Twitter handle when posting comments. Do not post as Anonymous. Comments that contain links to commercial websites will be marked as spam.