Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday 02/03/09 - Switching Brokers

No trades today for two reasons:
1. Too frustrated at work, and I try to stay away from my trading platform when I'm ticked off
2. I'm in the process of moving my account to Infinity Futures, and submitted all the paperwork this morning. Hopefully, account will be funded by end of week. I'm also opening a small account at Trade Station to save some cash on the monthly Trade Station platform fee (currently over $300).

I think my market reads are improving. Matt and I were on Yahoo messenger in the afternoon and both of us saw the same setups (and he nailed the execution). Matt even quizzed me by asking if I would consider putting on a Short position when ES broke out and shot up to 832.75, to which I said NO (much to his surprise). I spotted negative divergence on the ES/TICK chart later when price pulled back from the 839 area, down to the 835 area, and a short in that range would have worked out for a nice +4 pts or so, but woulda, coulda, shoulda's don't count. On to the charts...

Gap Filled at the Open


TF/TICK (3-min)


ES/TICK (3-min)


ES Market Balance (5-min Continuous Contract)


ES Market Balance (5-min Day Session Only)


TF Market Balance (5-min Day Session Only)

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll really like Infinity, after a year and a half now I have yet to have a problem with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Matt guy sounds like a genius.

    lol. One day we'll have to post excerpts of our chats... i'm sure there is something worth wild in them if we look hard enough!

    You did good today regardless. If you're not level headed you've got no call trading and you recognized that and stayed away. Kudos to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

At the minimum, please provide your name or Twitter handle when posting comments. Do not post as Anonymous. Comments that contain links to commercial websites will be marked as spam.