Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wed. 02/25/09 - Govt/News Driven Market

I was too busy at work to even sim trade today, but it's probably a good thing I'm not trading this jittery market. The market rallies and drops at the whim of comments by govt officials. In hindsight, it may look like a great trading day since we had several 15 point swings throughout the day. Drop in home sales threw the market down in the morning, but then the bad banks getting more funding lifted the market later in the day. I know it's not my job to analyze WHY the market is moving the way it is; but it's getting kinda ridiculous. Anyway, I don't really have much more to share on today. It was a hectic and frustrating day at work, and I wish some time down the road I'll be able to try my hand at trading full-time. On to the charts...

Gap filled by 1:00 PM (central)


ES/TICK (3-min)


ES Market Balance (5-min Day Session)


TF Market Balance (5-min Day Session)


TF/TICK (3-min)

1 comment:

  1. Unrelated... but I pulled up a $INDU weekly chart and we broke the lows last week? I didn't even realize it. I've been looking at the ES so much for bigger trend analysis I had no idea the dow had already take the plunge.

    Crazy!

    Hopefully the end of the week quiets down at work so you can get some good trade practice in!

    ReplyDelete

At the minimum, please provide your name or Twitter handle when posting comments. Do not post as Anonymous. Comments that contain links to commercial websites will be marked as spam.